Friday, October 24, 2008

“Not for all the tea in China”

Forget dueling pianos (there’s an Italian restaurant near us that actually advertises such a thing on Saturday nights…)! In Tinseltown, we have dueling Chinese chefs. The result is that Jacksonville’s best Dim Sum restaurant (or so they say) has been closed for the last 2 days. Last night on our walk, H and I witnessed one such altercation as the chefs/managers had a verbal throw down outside the restaurant refusing to open doors while perplexed potential diners looked on in horror….

What to do?! Could this mean that H and I will never sample the best char siu bao that JAX has to offer? We’re holding our breaths and will keep you posted.

UPDATE: Well I’ve taken a wee break from blogging so I should probably give an update on the dueling Chinese chefs. It appears that all issues have been resolved (well at least enough to reopen for business.) H decided to pop in yesterday for a take-away menu, and I now have quite the dilemma. Do I order the Fried Bean Curd Delight (fried tofu with mixed vegetables) or the Crispy Tofu with Vegetables???

No comments: